Oradea is a city in northwest Romania, split by the Crisul Repede River. It’s known for baroque and art nouveau architecture, remnants of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Secessionist buildings line central Republicii Street. Nearby, the neoclassical State Theater dominates King Ferdinand Square. The 18th-century Bishop’s Palace, with its frescoed rooms, is now home to the Museum of the Crisana Region. Located just 8 miles from the Hungarian border and spanning both shores of the Crisul Repede River, the elegant city of Oradea is a great starting point for exploring Romania, to purchase a property and use the local real estate services. Houses for Sale by MyUniversal21.
A glass-roofed art nouveau shopping arcade runs through the two main buildings of the Black Eagle Palace. Inside you will find shops, a four-star hotel, cafes and a cinema. The late Baroque Church of the Moon , was completed in 1790. The clock mechanism, installed in 1793, features a half-gold, half-black sphere, maintained in perpetual motion, reproducing the phases of the moon. The Greek Catholic Bishopric Palace was designed by local architect Kalman Rimanoczy Jr. Built in 1903, the edifice features a sophisticated eclectic combination of decorative elements: Neo-Romanesque, Neo- Gothic, Neoclassical and Neo-Byzantine. The robust, asymmetrical, City Hall was designed, in 1903, by architect Kalman Rimanoczy Jr. as well. The building features a 170 feet-tall tower with four clocks – one on each of its sides - and three observation decks. Local watchmaker Mezey Dezső built the main mechanism of the clocks, called the "mother clock", in 1904.
University of Oradea is an integrated foreign medical school of higher education of this kind, comprising 15 faculties and 5 colleges with more than 30,000 students enrolled in short-term and long-term education, day courses, evening courses, reduced frequency courses or other forms of attendance. The Medical University of Oradea adopted the European System of Transferable Credits. Baile Felix Thermal Resort is a renowned medical spa located only 5 miles south of the city. Established in the 18th century it is currently Romania's largest health resort, open year-round. The thermal waters found here, very rich in oligominerals, are supplemented by sapropelic mud. It is home to several thermal springs and medical centres offering treatments that alleviate rheumatism, arthritis and neurological problems.